Regulatory Legal Counsel (60% - 100%) - Regulatory Legal Counsel (60% - 100%) - Falcon Private Bank
The ideal candidate will assume the following key responsibilities:
- Legal advice on Swiss and international financial market law related issues as well as monitoring of and preparation for new laws and regulations
- Special focus on international and domestic financial market regulation (e.g. MiFID II, EMIR, PRIIPS, FIDLEG, FMIA, FinSA etc.) including implementation thereof and advice thereon
- Advising all business units on legal matters, including liaison with external counsels where advice is outsourced as well as interaction with supervisory authority
- Support large projects (e.g. in regulatory matters)
- Legal assessment, drafting and structuring of agreements and commercial contracts, such as credit agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements etc.
- Creation and amendment of internal legal directives, maintain standard contracts and terms & conditions
- Assessments of merits of claims brought by or against the bank and support of external counsel where bank enters into litigation
The preferred skills for this position include:
- Swiss Law degree (Swiss bar exam, LL.M. or additional degree is an advantage)
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a legal function (financial sector or law firm) and sound know-how of international banking including the relevant laws and particularly regulations
- Interest in large regulatory projects (e.g. MiFID II, FIDLEG as set out above) and relevant work experience is a significant advantage
- Fluent in German and English (written and spoken); additional languages, particularly French is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Independent, proactive, reliable and trustworthy team player
If your profile fits the above requirements, please send your complete Curriculum Vitae including certificates as PDF to Human Resources, Marco D’Angelo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Only direct applications will be considered for this vacancy.